Charlotte Skyline

Charlotte Skyline

Saturday, June 21, 2008

New Beginnings

Welcome to my travel/food blog, not to be mistaken for a travel food blog. The difference: I don't just take pictures of food found whilst abroad, I take pictures of any worthwhile food that goes into my mouth and most foods I make with my hands, and I happen to really enjoy traveling.
I've been fortunate enough to be able to study abroad a few times, in Shanghai, China during Fall 2007 and Taiwan during Summer 2005, and will be studying abroad once again in Sorrento, Italy this summer. I have my wonderful mom to thank for that, as she also feels international experiences will strengthen my general understanding of the world, so thanks mom.
This blog is a few years in the making, I've thought about blogging for a long time, but have been too lazy/busy to actually start/keep up one. My last attempt at keeping track of my travels can be found on xanga. But don't bother to read it unless you want to kill a few brain cells.
Hope I keep up with this one. I want to thank all the readers in advance, you must have great patience!


Here's a first picture

Delicious signature dish called xiao long bao from the famous Ding Tai Fung in Beijing.

Enjoy that little peek of things to drool over. (not just food, hah)


Next: Where I'm headed to--a preliminary itinerary.

No comments: