Charlotte Skyline

Charlotte Skyline

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Shanghai Chronicles: December 2008

大家好! (Hello Everyone!)

Guess where I am?? That's right, as you can probably tell from the title of this post, I'm in Shanghai, China. I have definitively decided that I <3 China. I have also realized that this is the third straight year that I've gone to Shanghai, meaning, three consecutive Christmases have been spent right in China's economic capital. And I'm not tired of it at all.

I landed at Pudong Airport at around 7:30pm local time, that's 3:30am Pacific, then hopped on a taxi to my hotel. The taxi ride cost was 178rmb O_O, the exchange rate, btw, is about 6.77rmb for 1usd. Do you know how many scarves you can get with 178rmb??? (the answer is approx. 7)

I've missed the lights of the city and the familiar street names, but I do not miss the crazy driving. Although, at least Chinese drivers use their signals, unlike LA drivers.

Anyhow, even with my lingering cold, I soldier on as one should when embarking on a great adventure.
Please stay tuned for more!

No comments: